Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Best Concert of my Life

Last night we heard the Vienna Philharmonic. Holy. Buckets. They did not suck. In fact, they were good. Really stinking good. Like, literally good (which is a reference to Hannah E. saying like and literally a lot). Their ensemble play was rediculous. They sounded like one of each instrument mic'd. Articulation was perfect between each and every player-- I swear te strings had sectionals measuring now lengths. It was that tight! 

Also in this concert was Joshua Bell. Umm, total freak of violin. He was beyond words good. He performed the Brahms violin concerto. During the first movement, he snapped a hair on his bow and threw it on the ground. I went at intermission to find it but it was gone. I was ready to jump on that stage for it. At the bottom of this post are a bunch of pictures of him taking his bows. He got four calls. You'll notice he ended up putting down his violin and coming out without it. Gorgeous playing. 

Oh, I should probably mention we were in the FRONT ROW. Yes, front row to the Vienna Phil. 



My view of the stage

The concert hall

No comments:

Post a Comment