Saturday, January 25, 2014

Prague - City of Fairy Tales

So the ratings are in, and it's official: Prague is a fairy tale city. AKA, awesome. That's probably why I haven't posted the entire time we were there... Too many cool things to do. 

I bought a buncha sweet scarves.

I bought a cool medieval leather pouchy thing from a shop in the Prague castle that was right next to the torture display.

I ate suuuuuuper cheap foods. Like majorly cheap. With... beverages that are cheaper than water. 

I saw a majorly cheesy (but still very well done and performed) performance of Tosca. Like really, that cheese was so stong I could almost taste the Gouda. 

Cobblestone streets EVERYWHERE. Totally fairy tale worthy. 

I was pointed and waved at by a bizarre man dressed as a wizard with a Guy Fawkes mask. Yeesh, that guy was creeps-town. 

I saw more fur than I've ever seen in my life. Old ladies left and right who were basically just straight-up wearing bears and wolves on their bodies. So. Much. Fuuuuuuuuuur. 

BIG CHURCHES.

Czech gypsy street jazz buskers. It doesn't get better than that. 

I ordered a pork knuckle, expecting a large piece of meat. Instead, what they brought me was essentially a small-child's worth of meat, propped up on a spit. And I ate the whole thing. 

...SO YEAH, PRAGUE WAS COOL. And I definitely just accidentally hit the caps button for that sentence, but I'm gonna keep it because it is perfectly fitting for that sentence. Now it's Salzburg time. Mozartmozartmozartmozartmozartmozartmozartmozartmozartmozartmozart...

Now imma go eat some fruhstuck. Kai, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment