Sunday, January 26, 2014

Salzburg is Amazing

I am at a loss of words for how to describe Salzburg. Everything here is so amazing and beautiful. Yesterday we moved into the hostel the we will be at for the rest of Salzburg. After moving in we went and explored the old town, got some amazing pretzels, and walked through some old catacombs. That bight we saw the Vienna Philharmonic concert and everything about it was completely mind blowing. it was easily among the best concerts I had ever heard. The conductor was very good and showed an amazing level of emotion and intensity. Joshua Bell was fantastic, he played so hard I expected the violin to burst into flames at any moment. It was a concert that I will remember for a long time.

Today we saw a Mozart mass at the Salzburg cathedral; I believe it is the one where Mozart used to play. Hearing the gorgeous mass with the resonance and echo it was meant to have was really astounding. Afterwards we had an amazing tour with an excellent tour guide who knew the answer to every question we had. We have the rest of the day off now, and many more concerts to come, I couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment