Monday, January 20, 2014

Made it to Prague!

Not without a bit of adventure!  It was no big deal but we road the train from Berlin to Prague.  (I should add that a few of us were operating on very little sleep because we stayed up to watch the 49ers vs Seahawks game the night before.  That was really FUN!  And a great experience even though my team didn't win.)  But I digress!  We got up and everything was very smooth getting to Prague.  We had a bit of trouble once we got here though!  For some odd reason this family blocked our way off the train by accident and we missed the stop! 

So we rode the train an extra stop into Prague and got off at the Main Train Station.  I had absolutely no idea where we were!  The students were funny, they thought it was no big deal at all!  Well I did!!!  I went to a tourist information kiosk and asked for some help because we were completely not in the spot I thought we would be and therefore hadn't planned a transit route! 

So I got partial directions and we changed money to Czech Crowns and went on our way.  It was easy actually.  Well once we got off the city tram, we were not anywhere near where we were going to be.  All I knew was that we were near the St. Charles Bridge.  So we began to look for land marks when we heard "can I help?" in a thick accent.  We turned to see a sweet elderly lady with shopping bags.  She not only helped us, she had a MAP!!!!!  She showed us where to go and we got to our Hostel.  It is a delightful "old world" building.  And we are right in the middle of everything!!!!  So lucked out!

So I gave the students an hour to get settled and we met so I could take them into the old town.  We went down, I showed them around as much as I could and we ate a delicious dinner for very cheap!

After dinner a few of the students wanted to stay down there to look around!  I can say I blame them!  This town is incredible!  I then started walking back with the rest and took a wrong turn.  We had a nice diversion that took us along the Vltava River (Moldau) but we got back just fine.  Here are a few photos of this beautiful city!  More to come!

The Astronomical Clock! 

Waiting for a well earned meal!

Just a half a block from our Hostel!  St. Charles Bridge

It is misting.  We don't care.  It is supposed to snow tomorrow!  We want snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment