Monday, January 27, 2014

Best Concert Ever!!

So I was originally planning on combining this concert with tomorrow's in another post, but this is definitely worthy of mentioning now. This concert was completely mind blowing. They only played a few Mozart and Gluck arias, but every bit of it was completely astounding. Right from the first note I was blown away by the energy and fullness of their sound. They captured the energy of Mozart's music perfectly. The brass were present, but not overpowering as they often have been. the balance between everything was perfect. The singers they had were fabulous as well; the tenor's voice was beautiful across all ranges, the mezzo could project like no other, abs the soprano had amazing force to her voice. I was completely entertained in every piece through the entire concert; I can say this was my favorite of the orchestral concerts we've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment