Saturday, January 18, 2014

Operas, Ballet…Philharmonic!

So…….. Friday was Mozart's opera The Magic Flute. I was blown away! Not really for the reasons you'd think… but let me tell you. It was very interesting. The Queen of the Night was amazing! Her three henchwomen had guns and the evil Monostatos had black face makeup on along with his henchmen. Sarastro looked like some "namaste master," as Hannah Eger put it, and Papageno had a face like a mime and red shoes with red suspenders. Overall the opera was great! I was totally awake and attentive for the first act, but then the second act came around and I was falling asleep again… Today I took preventative measures before the ballet Onegin. Napped after the museum, ogled at the first act of Onegin, loved the second act of Onegin…. and, oh yeah, couldn't get enough at the end of the third act! Onegin was so absolutely fabulous! So far favorite performance. It doesn't even rival the Harlem Gospel Singers with their crazy enthusiasm. Onegin's friend, Lensky, was a superb dancer with good looks. Tatyana's friend Olga, who is betrothed to Lensky was also amazing! The two together made my heart swell. So cute! Onegin was good, but Lensky was better. Tatyana was also really good but I just loved the couple Lensky and Olga to death (pun…). The dresses were so beautiful and flowy! I wanted them all. The set pieces looked divine, and tomorrow is the Berlin Philharmonic. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment