Wednesday, January 15, 2014

City Number Two

Well our time in Leipzig is officially over, and I can say I really enjoyed it. Setting aside getting locked in town hall, killing power in the hostel and almost burning it down, the rest of my time was amazing! I had breakfast yesterday at a little shop with composer teas, and later in the day I got a Schumann cake at a different coffee house, so apparently eating composers is the norm. The Harlem Gospel Singers were amazing, I was definitely feeling the soul! I will never forget watching an audience of German people waving their hands and awkwardly singing call and response! As for the trip to Berlin today, it was very entertaining. I had my first taste of German KFC, a huge improvement to it's US counterpart, and then I had an hour of playing cards in a very fancy private booth on the train ride over (getting severely destroyed in slapjack by Eric Spring) The hostel in Berlin is quite nice, although I've only been here for about an hour. I'm definitely looking forward to my time in Berlin!

1 comment: